Everyone has a role in pipeline safety. To ensure the safety of you and those around you, always call your local one-call center before you plan to dig or conduct any excavation. The nation-wide toll-free number to reach your local one-call center is: 8-1-1.
This free call will notify underground facility owners, including pipelines, in the area of your intention to dig or excavate. The facility owners will come out to the location of the planned excavation and mark any facilities in the area of the excavation. These markings will assist you with preventing damage to facilities in the area of excavation.
Being aware of your surroundings and the presence of pipelines will also assist with ensuring your safety.
Superior Pipeline Company, LLC is dedicated to pipeline safety and working with the communities in which it operates. From the time a pipeline is drawn on paper to the time it begins moving gas, liquids or other materials, pipeline personnel take significant steps to assure the integrity of the system.
Superior Pipeline Company, LLC needs cooperation to prevent pipeline emergencies. The primary cause of pipeline leaks is damage to the pipeline from a party other than the pipeline company. If you are working on or around our equipment, especially with earth moving equipment, please contact the National call-before-you-dig number and/or Superior Pipeline Company, LLC at least two days before planned work activity.
- Superior Pipeline Company, LLC Emergency Number: (866) 904-4514
- Do not use a right-of-way without proper authorization.
- Do not disturb the ground until the pipeline is marked by a company employee.
- Observe all location markers and instructions provided by the Superior Pipeline Company, LLC representative.
- Do not use power equipment around any pipeline.
- When backfilling, provide support for pipelines and ensure adequate soil cover on top of the pipelines.
- If the pipeline is damaged or poses a threat to the public, immediately leave the area.
- When you reach a safe area, call the Superior Pipeline Company, LLC 24-hour emergency number and 911.
Before you Dig
National Call-Before-You-Dig Number- 8-1-1
Oklahoma- +1 (800) 522-5643
Texas- +1 (800) DIG-TESS / 344-8377 / +1 (800) 344-8377
Kansas- +1 (800) DIG-SAFE / +1 (800) 344-7283
Pennsylvania- +1 (800) 242-1776
West Virginia- +1 (800) 522-7001